I was listening this morning to the latest Accidental Creative Podcast, AC #149: Manifesto, and I was struck by how much the manifesto strikes me as a healthy Christian way of life. Todd Henry (the owner/creator of Accidental Creative) created A Manifesto For Accidental Creative. This is my “Christian” take on it.
- We witness and disciple everyday—no matter what we do, we are witnessing and discipling. It is just a matter of how well.
- No matter how good we are at what we do, what we do does not define us.
- Our vocation (messengers for Jesus)is bigger than what we do.
- Our life in Christ must be one of grown—the dead branches of the vine are trimmed.
- We must have a healthy life in Christ—it must be intentional, our choice, and it must be one of discipline.
- We must make decisions that value our faith, not that value culture, pride, money, etc. over it.
- We must always being looking at the evidence of the Lord’s hand, and taking joy in it.
- We are responsible for our spiritual health—while we can be bolstered, supported, and loved by others, ultimately our spiritual health is our responsibility.
- We are generous because we are free—we are to be generous in love, as Christ has set us free.
- We are committed to relationships—relationships are the key to a healthy church, a healthy body, and a healthy heart.
What do you think? Listen to the podcast, too.